5.0
Service Scheduling

Requested a one time wheel alignment for $89 when I went into the store at Goodyear Mathis Tire in Collierville, TN. The first person who took the request asked if I wanted the lifetime warrant.

I said , "no", the one-time is fine. Then at checkout, the sales manager asked again and continued by insisting that a lifetime warranty was a better deal, even offered a $20 discount, and I should take it. I said "I'm fine with the one time alignment", but he continued to push the merits of the lifetime warranty, which I didn't dispute, until I finally agreed to. The total bill was $207.

About 15 minutes later after leaving the store, I called back and said, "you know I really only want the one-time alignment. Besides, I probably will sell the car within the next year anyway, so would you please either refund the difference or adjust my credit card accordingly so I am only charged for the one-time alignment?" The sales manager presented his reasons again for keeping the lifetime warranty. I said, "I understand, but I really only want the one-time alignment. He then said he could not reverse the charges after he made the sale.

I said, "so I'm stuck with the $207 bill? He said yes, he couldn't reverse any charges now that the sell was complete, but again emphasized the merits of the purchase. Frankly, I understand the sale manager's motive to increase sales whether for commissions or otherwise, but I certainly did not feel he only had my best interest in mind, especially when he said it was impossible to do a refund. I also realize it's not a lot of money at stake, and hardly worth my time to go to all of this effort to voice my concern, but for me its the principle of how the transaction was held and the way I was pushed into spending more money than I wanted to, and then told nothing could be done about it.

I have called the Goodyear corporate headquarters customer service line, and they said I can file a complaint. They also said if a store gets too many complaints, corporate can cut off the tire supply, even if the store is an independent one which this one is.

Thus, they recommended calling the store manager or the owner - Walter Mathis - to see if they can resolve the refund problem first, then if they cannot, to call back and file a complaint. To be continued......

Product or Service Mentioned: Mathis Tire Sales Manager.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: See note.

• Pushy Sales Person

Comments

Arlington, Tennessee, United States #1304527

Great experience at at Mathis Goodyear on highway 64. Thanks Mark for the for the great customer service.